Purpose

This blog is coming from the perspective of a 19 year old lifetime New York Mets fan. I created this blog to show other true Mets fans, my 100% honest opinion on everything to do with our beloved yet disappointing franchise.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Were only 3 games into this long season, but I'm already incredibly excited for the Mets 3 game series starting in Philly tonight. They are the team to beat in this division, and on paper look unstoppable, but I know the Mets can at least take 2/3 and instill a lot of confidence in Terry Collins, and his players.


“As far as I’m concerned it’s Game Four,” David Wright told Steve Popper, a reporter for the Bergen Record. “It’s obviously a very, very good team. I think it’s a challenge. I don’t think either team is out to necessarily prove anything this early in the season. But it would be nice to go in there and win a series.” 


If the Mets can come out of this series with a few wins it will give them a lot of momentum into their home opener on Friday and give this ball club a hot start to the season. Now I understand that this series is important, but either way if the Mets win this or lose this series it does not decide the division, but winning games against  rivals such as the Phillies really pumps up the players. 


The first game of the Mets 3 game series starts tonight at 7:05 with Chris Young making his Mets debut against Phillies starter Cole Hammels. It will be interesting to see how Young does in his first start with the team, I have high hopes that he can get back to his 17-18 win season he had with San Diego and help the Mets win ball games.



No comments:

Post a Comment